Thursday, April 19, 2007

SAVE IT OR LOSE IT


As the unnecessary Iraq War inferno expands, temperatures on our planet are also rising.

We go to bed each night as ice shelves come falling down.

Every breath that we take...every car that we make...

CO2 levels are watching us.

I tell my students:

"Buy boats. You're going to need them."

For almost seven years the Bush regime has fiddled while Earth has burned.

As with their Pre-Emptive War, the War Nuts in the White House have also lied (to us and themselves) that Global Warming was just a theory.

I recently saw An Inconvenient Truth.

My mind reeled and my stomach turned.

It may not be too late was one of the film's messages.

But the time IS getting late.

The window of opportunity IS closing.

The city of El Paso has recently provided containers for recyclable plastics and cardboard.

The first pickup occurs during the week of

Earth Day.

My garage is starting to pile up with plastic containers and cardboard.

I hope such local actions (of recycling) produce GLOBAL effects.

It may be a cliché...

But this IS our only home...

SAVE IT OR LOSE IT!

No comments: