Saturday, June 23, 2007

DICK CHENEY AND HIS PRIVATES



Dick here.

I want you guys to just BUG OFF.

My privates are mine and mine alone.

I am protected by Decider George W. Bush, our Unitary Executive and Long War President.

I have a lot of gas and cholesterol, and that's all you guys need to know about any secrets or classified information.

I've got to return to my bunker.

That's where Al-Qaeda and the American people can't find me, or know when I go hunting.

Keep the faith and stay off of my back!

Thanks.





President Bush has turned the executive branch into a two-way mirror. They get to see everything Americans do: our telephone calls, e-mail, and all manner of personal information. And we get to see nothing about what they do.
Governments have to keep secrets. But this administration has grossly abused that trust, routinely using claims of national security to hide policies that are immoral and almost certainly illegal, to avoid embarrassment, and to pursue Mr. Bush’s dreams of an imperial presidency.
Vice President Dick Cheney sets the gold standard, placing himself not just above Congress and the courts but above Mr. Bush himself. For the last four years, he has been defying a presidential order requiring executive branch agencies to account for the classified information they handle. When the agency that enforces this rule tried to do its job, Mr. Cheney proposed abolishing the agency.


Editorial
White House of Mirrors
Published: June 24, 2007
The New York Times




No comments: