Sunday, August 02, 2009

ANOTHER SUNDAY MORNING SWIMMING WITH SHARKS DROWNING IN DEBTS SURROUNDED BY PYTHONS




Car sales are up.
The Stock Market is near 10,000 again.
Earth has not been hit by a planet-killing asteroid.
Race relations hit a bump in the road, and are being repaired with
beers & cheers...


BUT

There's plenty of time and space remaining for

MORE

spears & sneers...

smears & jeers...

fears & tears.


But I'm enjoying the ride, thankful for the food I eat, the water (and coffee!) I drink, and the air I breathe...

AND


I am hopeful in spite of all the odds, all of the oddballs, and all of the hateful thinkers and speakers.

This country and myself are still as good as we want to become.

As a young person who lived hungrily during the crazy, beautiful, turbulent days of the sixties and seventies---and maybe these adjectives describe every decade with more or less emphatic accuracy---I am still hopeful.

YES WE CAN:


Improve.
Innovate.
Educate.
Intregate.

YES WE CAN.

YES WE WILL.


Dum Spiro Spero

No comments: