Monday, July 07, 2014

ODDS AND ENDS


 
 
 



It's a shame that we don't pay enough attention to an author until that author dies.

This is not always the case.

I still need to read many works by authors who traveled to the undiscovered country quite some time ago:

Hesse.

Dostoyevsky.

Faulkner.

*

I was late in coming to watch the series Breaking Bad, but I'm watching a couple of episodes each day, and I'm in Season two, Episode 11.

[I finished all 5 seasons June 12!]

This series had me in its thrall like the novels of Dean Koontz

Mr. Koontz sent me a signed copy of one of his books and a thank you note after I wrote him and thanked him for writing books.

I was so shocked when I saw the package with his return address that I tripped and fell down at the mailbox.

Just a few abrasions.

I mailed my letter May 7th and received his on May 19th.

 
*


I just finished Tropic of Cancer by Henry Miller.

I read it years ago.

I found it rather dull, with only occasional flashes of brilliance.

*

I had my Henry Miller phase.

My Jack Kerouac phase.

Now it's my Dean Koontz phase.

*

Little bubbles are beginning to boil in the cauldron of the next Presidential election.
 
All candidates play hard to get.

I guess they believe that they are more credible when they don't come right out and announce that they're running.

Jeb Bush.

Hillary Clinton.


A spectacled Rick Perry is a wannabe but probably won't be.

New Jersey governor Chris Christie has not burnt his bridge yet.
 
Mitt Romney again?

Other dark horses are still in the shade.


 

IT'S ABOUT RENEWABLE RESOURCES!



































No comments: