Tuesday, July 26, 2016

SOME OF MY OWN MR. BEAN MOMENTS






Today I bought some groceries, and on my way out of the store I decided to grab a couple of anti-bacterial wipes, and so I did, and then I started pushing (what I thought was my basket cart of groceries).
I was now outside, still pushing the basket cart, and I looked down and saw an empty basket.
I rushed back inside the store, pushing the empty basket, and there was the one that I had left.
DUH.


*


One day while teaching an English class, I needed to go to the office.
When I returned to the classroom I looked for my chalk.
I asked my students if they had seen my chalk.
They said, “You still have it in your hand!”


*


I returned home with some groceries.
I put away the groceries.
Instead of the freezer I had put a steak in the pantry (food closet).


*


NOTE: I don't even know if I should count this as a Mr. Bean moment. It's not funny.

When I was fourteen I went on my first and only hunting trip.
I had killed a deer.
I wrote a poem about this experience.
The poem expresses my sorrow about what I had done.
The Mr. Bean moment came after I had yelled down to my grandpa that I had shot a deer. He was down at our campsite.
He yelled back:
Cut his throat!”
What?” I said.
Cut his throat! Cut his throat!”
So I began cutting the head off of the deer.
It took awhile.
Grandpa kept yelling to cut the throat.
I kept cutting.
And finally, the head came off.
I put it in my backpack, and carried it back to camp.
I proudly opened the backpack and pulled the head out.

Grandpa:
What the hell did you do?”

Me:
I did what you said. Cut its head off.”

Grandpa:
I said to cut his throat!”

Me:
Oh.”



IT'S ABOUT RENEWABLE RESOURCES






No comments: