Monday, December 22, 2008

CHIP AHOY!


RANDY:
I’m getting the chip put in today.


MARY: What "chip"?

RANDY:
The SEX CHIP.


MARY:
Aren’t you having enough sex?


RANDY:
Yeah, but I don’t want to spend any more time waiting for sex or seeking it out.

MARY:
What does the sex chip do?


RANDY:
It lets me turn on my zones of pleasure whenever and wherever I want.


MARY:
But what about the interaction with another human?


RANDY:
I can live without that part. I just want the physical pleasure part.


MARY:
That sounds so cold and mechanical.


RANDY:

I know, but it’s convenient.


MARY:

I guess you won’t need to see me anymore.


RANDY:

No, but I’ll call you...

If my chip doesn’t come in.

IT'S THE OIL STUPID!



***


Talk about wired! Scientists working on 'sex chip' for the brain
December 22, 3:01 PM
by Kevin Rook, Ph.D.,


Denver Technology Examiner




A 'sex chip' in the brain?


Scientists say it will soon be a reality.


The technology to stimulate different areas of the brain has been around for a while.
It's just never been this sexy.
Reports surfaced today that scientists in Britain are
developing an electronic "sex chip," which could be implanted into the brains of those who don't derive pleasure from things like eating or making love.


The chip would stimulate an area in the orbitofrontal cortex, the place associated with feelings of pleasure.
The technology creates tiny shocks within the brain.


It's been previously used to treat Parkinson's disease.
When the technology is improved, we can use deep brain stimulation in many new areas.


It will be more subtle, with more control over the power so you may be able to turn the chip on and off when needed.


The research is being conducted by Morten Kringelbach at Oxford University.


It's being looked at to help people with anhedonia, which is an inability to experience pleasure from certain activities.

No comments: