Saturday, February 04, 2017

FIRE ON THE MOUNTAIN






I lived in a small cottage in Chautauqua Park, Colorado.
The Park was located just below the Boulder Flatirons.

One afternoon I decided to take a nap on the mountain meadow close to my cabin.
I thought how peaceful and quiet it would be, and how I would relax on my day off from my job as a dishwasher.

I plopped myself down on the dry but soft meadow grass.
Ahh,” I said to myself. “Peace and quiet.”

Just then I heard sirens down below in the city of Boulder, and I thought to myself:
Good. I'm up here and the noise is down there.”

But the sirens did not stop.
In fact, the sound of the sirens got closer and closer.
Then fire trucks began steaming up the mountain.
Oh my gosh!
A fire is up here on the mountain”, I said to myself.

People came running from their cottages.
They were bringing shovels and and other objects to help put out the fire.
I quickly ran to my cottage and got my own shovel.
But by then the fire had been brought under control by the firefighters.
I returned to my cottage to relax from all of the excitement.



IT'S ABOUT RENEWABLE RESOURCES

No comments: