Monday, March 04, 2019

EARS
















I've been thinking about ears.


Diogenes said this about ears:
We have two ears and one tongue so that we would listen more and talk less.


Gertrude Stein wrote:

A writer should write with his eyes and a painter paint with his ears.



(Stein should have been a painter. I know my ears have gotten colorful over the years.)


Zsa Zsa Gabor was not ambiguous when she said:
One of my theories is that men love with their eyes; women love with their ears.


A poet, Billy Collins, wrote:
I learned snails don't have ears. They live in silence. They go slowly. Slowly, slowly in silence.


I like this simple yet profound message:
My son, give attention to my 

wisdom, Incline your ear to 

my understanding.

Proverbs 5:1




Here are some other “eary” 

quotes.


I got an earful.


Give me your ears.
.

Do you have beans

 in your ears?


I'm all ears


.
Can I bend your ear?


I'm in it up to my ears.


He's still green behind the 

ears.



Intelligent people have large 

ears.



Maybe they hear more than 

people with smaller ears.






IT'S ABOUT RENEWABLE 

RESOURCES AND EARS









No comments: