Monday, April 16, 2007

SCAN DICK'S BRAIN



"My belief is we will, in fact, be greeted as liberators."
Dick Cheney

March 16, 2003

"So where is the oil going to come from? The Middle East, with two-thirds of the world's oil and the lowest cost, is still where the prize ultimately lies."

1999
Dick Cheney/CEO of Halliburton

Dick Cheney said that the emergency spending bill for funding Iraq is needed so that (to quote Cheney from his latest appearance on Meet the Press ):



"Then we can get on with our business."
(April 15, 2007)



How accurate.



OUR BUSINESS.



Other gems by Dick on Iraq from this Meet the Press program:



"I think we are making progress."



"Just because it's hard doesn't mean we shouldn't do it."



"This is a very difficult assignment."



"It is a global conflict."



"I do believe we can win in Iraq."



"We've got issues we need to work through. You do the best you can with what you have."



"I have enormous regard for the man (Scooter Libby)."



"You can ask, but you'll get the same answer."



"I spend as much time as I can and do other things. I spend most of my time on the job."



More by Dick:



"In Iraq, a ruthless dictator cultivated weapons of mass destruction and the means to deliver them. He gave support to terrorists, had an established relationship with al Qaeda, and his regime is no more."

Nov. 7, 2003



"I think they're in the last throes, if you will, of the insurgency."

June 20, 2005






















No comments: