Monday, April 02, 2007

MONTH OF VENUS

"We are the people who run this country. We are the deciders. And every single day, every single one of us needs to step outside and take some action to help stop this war."
Molly Ivins

The month of April.

The cherry blossoms are in

Bloom.

The trumpets of war are blasting their detestable songs of

Gloom.

April is National Poetry and Pecan month.

Lyric skies

With

Pecan pies.

But every month has been war month since Bush and Dick lied us into the Iraq debacle.

The Decider has become one of the most stubborn leaders of all time.

He is no Caligula or Hitler, but he is no Gandhi or Churchill either.

Let us hope that April brings May showers and not more deadly hours.


I Shall Not Care

By Sara Teasdale


WHEN I am dead and over me bright April

Shakes out her rain-drenched hair,
Though you should lean above me broken-hearted,
I shall not care.

I shall have peace, as leafy trees are peaceful.

When rain bends down the bough;
And I shall be more silent and cold-hearted
Than you are now.

No comments: