Saturday, August 08, 2009

THE TICKER IS TICKING




I keep watching this TV commercial where a woman swears that she survived her stroke (or heart attack) because she quickly ate some aspirin.

That I might experience a coronary event (it doesn't sound as bad as heart attack or stroke) is a sanguine but scary likelihood, and so I make it a practice to always have a few 325mg aspirin in my shirt pocket.

It can't hurt, but the attack itself will probably hurt a great deal.

John Ritter and I were born in the same year.
This very funny and likable actor died from an aortic dissection caused by a previously undiagnosed congenital heart defect.
(The causes of death can sure have some very peculiar names.)

The word
undiagnosed sticks out like a sore thumb.
So what do I
do to make sure that I am diagnosed?
Certainly not what I do now which is very little.

It's time to get off of my caboose and have the old engine checked...
BEFORE the stroke or coronary event strikes.

We just never know when we'll go.


No comments: