Sunday, February 24, 2008

HOT DOGS THE MOON AND RALPH NADER

I admire Ralph Nader.

He has done a lot to make the environment cleaner and automobiles safer.

But I sure wish that he would stop running for president.

The Ralph Nader line that has stuck in my memory is "Going to the moon is safer than eating a hot dog", or maybe it's "Eating a hot dog is more dangerous than going to the moon."

I still eat hot dogs.

I haven’t gone to the moon.

Mr. Nader is critical of the corporate state and its wasteful machinations.

I applaud him for these criticisms.

But he should retire from the presidential stage.

Nader is a superb gadfly.

He should remain as one.

The likelihood that Mr. Nader can win the 2008 presidential election is as likely that I can ever go to the moon.

This time Ralph Nader should drop out of the race for the White House.

He is older than John McCain.

Drop out so that Mrs. Clinton or Barack Obama can win the race.

Mr. Nader will make the race unsafe at any speed.

He might help put McCain in the driver's seat.



IT'S THE OIL STUPID!

No comments: