Wednesday, November 13, 2013

CURIOSITY KILLED THE CLAM



Ming's life came to an abrupt end seven years ago when scientists from Bangor University dredged the seabed near Iceland (pictured) as part of a study into climate change.



               


Leave it up to scientists to ruin a good thing.



Scientists' need to know is often Nature's worst enemy.



Pandora's box has been opened more than once to let out bad things.



The intentions are usually good, but the outcomes turn out bad.



A most recent example is when the oldest living thing on earth was killed.



World's oldest creature is revealed to be 507-year-old shellfish called Ming – until scientists KILLED it by opening it up to check its age.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-2505155/Worlds-oldest-creature-confirmed-507-years-old-scientists-KILLED-shellfish.html#ixzz2kXhXPnRJ



I, too, was an amateur scientist in my youth, and I am guilty of destroying things to find out what was inside them.

I opened up and dismantled every toy and device I came across just to find out what was inside.



My urge to know was overwhelming.



I couldn't wait to get inside things and unravel their mysteries.



But I didn't kill anything...



Not even a clam!





IT'S ABOUT RENEWABLE RESOURCES AND CLAMS!

















 
















No comments: