Thursday, June 09, 2016

THE HOLE IN KABUL






One winter evening I walked out to my backyard to take out my trash. 

The ground was covered with snow and I had forgotten about THE HOLE. 

THE HOLE was over a cess pool to my house.

 All the human waste from my house (and wherever...and WHENEVER...else) had accumulated in THE HOLE. 

The liquid was now at ground level.

 As I took a step over THE HOLE my left leg went in. 

With my right leg, I was able to hop out just in time. 

My left Italian hiking boot had gotten totally immersed.

 I quickly returned to my house and took off the boot. 

I began pouring pinesol over it, and I kept imagining what might have been if I had stepped with both feet into THE HOLE.

 It was not a pleasant thought.


I started a fire, became warm and cozy, and forgot about THE HOLE experience.  


IT'S ABOUT RENEWABLE RESOURCES AND THE HOLE

No comments: