Saturday, August 25, 2018

GIRL WATCHING







I was thirteen or fourteen when I went with grandma Pat to her card games.
I set up chairs and tables.

*

I went to meet girls.
Well, at least to look at them.
Better to have tried and failed than never to have tried at all.

*

I don't know what kind of card games were played.
Maybe pinochle or bridge.

*

The big room was the size of a gymnasium, and was normally used by Holy Rollers to do their rolling around, and whatever else they did, holy or not.
I sure know one thing for sure, they made a loud racket.
I didn't care much for their religious practice.

*

I did all of my looking until it was time to leave.
I was too shy to go up and talk to any of the damsels.
But there was always a next time.






IT'S ABOUT RENEWABLE RESOURCES CARD GAMES AND GIRL WATCHING


















No comments: