Friday, February 24, 2006

IN PLATO'S CAVE

"The kernel here (in Iraq) is the acknowledgment of defeat." William F. Buckley, 2-24-2006

No more cover-ups or in-denial rhetoric please!
In Baghdad it is the beginning of the end, and not the end of the beginning.
The Long War President resides in Plato's Cave, and he does not know the difference between shadows and reality.
The Long War President believes the following shadows are reality:
"We are winning the peace in Iraq even though we are losing.'
"It is getting worse in Iraq but it is getting better."
"There won't be a civil war in Iraq, but the Sunnis and Shiites are blowing up each other and their mosques.”
“Trust me. I am cute. I am your Long War President who will not stop fighting in Iraq until freedom and democracy are spread and we have achieved total victory!”
“You can’t impeach me. The Congress and the Supreme Court are in my pockets!”

No comments: