Thursday, February 02, 2006

WAR ADDICTION

Hearing that War Pesident Bush wants a $120,000,000,000 installment this month for spreading more freedom, paving the way to Victory in Iraq,
it dawned on me:
WE ARE ADDICTED TO WAR.
Oil addiction takes second place.
War is our addiction.
But this has been the planet’s addiction for millennia.
Whether
I like it or not (and I don't like it that much)
I am a part of the problem.
I am part of the addiction.
I pay my taxes.
My taxes are used in Bush's latest request.
If I don't pay my taxes, I spend time in jail (Room & Board...and unpleasant encounters).
I do a lot of criticizing.
I do a lot of satirizing.
But I am still a part of the BIG ADDICTION.
War...this Iraq war---tomorrow's new WAR by the U.S.---
is going to be funded by you and me.
Again and again.
Until we reach the end of the movie:
"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones." (Einstein)

No comments: