Friday, September 20, 2013

Why Are Lobsters Blue, and Why Does Cooking Turn Them Red?


 

Victoria Roberts
 

The above question is the title of a recent New York Times article. 




A couple of my friends are lobsters, and so I showed them this article.

 I recorded their brief conversation:




ROB:

Why Are Lobsters Blue, and Why Does Cooking Turn Them Red?

Just what kind of question is that?



MARY:

Yeah, what kind of question is it?

They’ve got to be kidding? 

You want to know why we’re blue and then turn red? 

I’LL TELL YOU WHY.

 We’re blue because we know that soon we’ll be killed in a boiling pot of hot water! 

We turn red because WE’RE IN THAT BOILING POT OF WATER!



ROB:

Right.

 Hey Mary, let’s get the heck out of here before our blue butts start turning red!



MARY:

O.K.

Just let me get my sweater, I think it’s cold outside.
 

ROB:

Skip the sweater!

I hear our killers coming!



MARY:

O.K.

Let’s skedaddle!

 

IT’S ABOUT RENEWABLE RESOURCES!

 

 

 

No comments: