Tuesday, September 03, 2013

OBAMA OR OBOMBA?




To say the War Party is apoplectic at Obama for blowing this chance to get us into war with Syria, which held real promise of sucking us into a war with Iran, is an understatement.
The worst peace scare in memory is sweeping through the think tanks of Washington.
Conceding the incompetence of how Obama and Kerry got us into this mess, are we not in a far better place than a month ago?
— A U.S. war on Syria has been averted. We are not killing Syrians.
From Is the Sun Peeking Through the War Clouds?
 
 



 
*

A US attack on Syria will Prolong the War
Professor Juan Cole
http://www.juancole.com/


*
 

To bomb or not to bomb?

Will he be remembered as Barack Obomba or Barack Obama?

I hope Congress takes a good, hard look into the mirror, and votes against taking us into another war.

Maybe the Third World War.

Or is Four?

We seem to have been fighting so many other “little” wars for so long that they have all become part of World War III.

Just those two words and the number three should scare all of us; but it doesn’t seem to scare the current administration or its hawkish cheerleaders.

“My fellow Americans, I know that I said Syria should get bombed, but after thoughtful consideration, I now realize that it would not be the right thing for me to do, having been awarded the Nobel Peace Prize.  I might as well flush that prize down the toilet if I took this country into another war.”

This would be Barack Obama, and not Barack Obomba.

But I fear that Barack Obama is in the claws of the military-industrial machine, and his hands have been tied to that machine, and this country is destined to spend more billions and billions.

We still seem to be hell-bent on bringing democracy to other places at the end of cruise missiles.

I bet the citizens of Syria wish we weren’t.

 
IT'S ABOUT RENEWABLE RESOURCES!

 

 

No comments: