Thursday, August 17, 2006

EMBRYOS AND PLANETS

The Snowball in Hell is getting bigger and bigger.
Unfortunately, this particular snowball in Hell doesn’t melt.
It's the inferno called Iraq.

I am loath to comment anymore on the Iraq War or upon the Long War President.
There is not much more to say.

However, I have had a couple of other thoughts (words) that have been bouncing about in my brain.
Frozen embryos and planets.
One woman who had triplets from IVF (In Vitro Fertilization), left behind 13 of her (and her husband’s) frozen embryos.
Embryos are not babies or teenagers, but would be if left to grow.
As it is, such embryos live in a gelid limbo.
Nowhere to go.
I also read about a woman who had her child after “defrosting” one of her embryos, and then had it implanted in her womb.
The embryo had been frozen for 12 years!
There is estimated to be 500,000 frozen embryos in the United States.
I wonder what Jonathan Swift would say about these embryos?

Planets.
We may now have 12 or more in our Solar System.
So what.
If it’s round and has gravity…call it a planet.
If it has life…call it a living planet!

That’s all I wrote today.
I am busy editing my past Letters from Mad Plato.
I want to have Volume 2 published.
The title for Letters from Mad Plato Volume II will be:
Why Are We STILL In Iraq?
I want to submit my book in this year’s Lulu Blooker Prize.

No comments: