Tuesday, August 01, 2006

RAIN AND BOMBS

It’s raining, raining and raining here in El Paso.
All of the local TV stations are reporting on the heavy rains and flooding.
I know if I change the station and go to CNN, MSNBC or FOXNEWS, I will hear about bombs raining, raining and raining.
The world is getting wetter and warmer at the same time. It is ironic. The Midwest and the East Coast are hot. The Southwest is cool and stormy.
I know.
It is probably only a normal pattern of weather. But it makes me wonder about humanity and the future of our planet.
NASA has gone way too slow to prepare for humans to visit and seed other planets.
The moon landing was 37 years ago!
Why in Heaven’s name is the pace of exploring our galaxy going so slowly?
I guess we rely too much on Star Trek and other science fiction.
It is raining, raining and raining.
I hope there is a ceasefire…
Of the rain and bombs.

No comments: