Saturday, November 17, 2007

THE SALUTE




If this were a dictatorship, it would be a heck of a lot easier, just so long as I'm the dictator.
George W. Bush


[NOTE: I have postponed posting this until now.

Just yesterday I saw George W. Bush walking on the White House lawn, looking as happy as a loon.

As he smirked and waved his wiggling fingers on an outstretched arm, there it was again, that stiff-armed salute.

It certainly wasn’t Hitler’s Nazi salute, but it again gave the television viewer an eerie recollection of Hitler’s ugly gesture].

I know that after what is read here I will be called a leftist and liberal kook, an IslamoFascist sympathizer, a super-hater of George W. Bush, and a wild-eyed conspiracy theorist (O.K. I am already called this).

I thought at first that I was just over-reacting and over-reaching.

I thought that I was only seeing what I wanted to see.

I thought that it was just one still-frame---one isolated incident.

Now I don't think this is the case.

I now think that there is more here than meets the eyes; more than what the mind wants to confront.

I saw it again tonight.

George W. Bush was walking beside the new prime minister of Great Britain.

He and the Prime Minister had just finished talking to the media on the lawn of the White House.

The Decider was walking away with that nonchalant gait.

Then...

THERE IT WAS AGAIN!

The Long War President thrust out his arm (his merry wave) in a similar and spooky way that reminded one of a “salute” that a German dictator used to make.

NOW I knew that it was purposeful.

Now I knew that it was no accident.

I have now seen the president doing it over and over.

No, I am not taking any drugs (legal or illegal), nor have I been drinking any alcohol.

There's always more than meets the eye.

Keep your eyes and mind open.

In fact, the Decider sort of smiles when he does it.

CREEPY.

It’s the oil stupid!

No comments: