Wednesday, May 08, 2013

THAT CHIP OFF THE OLD BLOCK MAY SOON BE INSIDE YOUR BRAIN AND WATCH OUT FOR ATTACKING ROBOTS










I enjoy reading science fiction, but I wouldn’t want to see most of its fantasies become reality.

Heinlein and Bradbury wrote very interesting science fiction, and so did Orwell, Huxley, and Wells.

But that doesn’t mean that I approve of, or like all of their imaginative creations.

I didn’t like Big Brother or telescreens.

I didn’t like cloning.

And I certainly didn’t like the burning of books!

The following caught my eye.

 In fact, my eyeballs nearly flew out of their sockets!

Draft U.N. paper says machines should not have power of life or death over human beings

Moratorium on killer robots sought

AP


Fasten your seatbelt and hold on to your underwear!

Is this where we have arrived?

“Honey, I think I've caught a cold…and some killer robots are trying to kill me!”

O.K. 

We watched The Terminator and enjoyed it.

After all, it was only a movie, and we sat safely in front of the movie screen.

But here we are now.

It’s not a movie.

And we might have to deal with these damn machines…

These damn, intelligent machines.

And they are from the Earth,

 Not from somewhere else in the galaxy or universe.

Has it been Progress or Decay going from Kitty Hawk to today?

We’ve become prisoners of an Xbox world.

James Joyce was right:

 History is a nightmare from which I am trying to awake.

*







http://www.nytimes.com/2013/05/07/science/a-remote-controlled-robot-the-size-of-a-fly.html?src=rechp


IT’S ABOUT RENEWABLE RESOURCES AND KILLER ROBOTS!












No comments: