Friday, October 20, 2006

SOMETHING IS FISHY

The other night I ate lobster.
It was my birthday, so I went hog-wild and splurged.
The last time that I had lobster I baked my own tasty crustaceans.
(No squealing sounds were uttered because mine were already dead and frozen).
As I forked the white bits of my plump lobster, then dipped them into a warm buttery oil that was inside a metal vessel sitting upon a little burning candle, I began to wonder (unfortunately) about what I was eating.
How much Omega 3 and mercury were in lobster…my lobster?.
A few feet away were four aquariums filled with good-sized fish. I am certain that they were happy that they were in their watery abodes instead of on my table.
The next day I searched the Internet to find out the mercury content of lobsters.
Not too high, but not too low either.
Well, I guess I can move faster with some mercury inside of me.
But I won't eat any more lobster for awhile. I’ll wait until my next birthday.
To get my Omega 3 I'll need to eat other fish.
Studies are now proclaiming that Omega 3 can significantly reduce heart attacks.
I wonder if lobsters ever have heart attacks? Maybe just before they get dropped into boiling water!

No comments: