Friday, July 12, 2013

BROCCOLI CLEOPATRA AND BARACK OBAMA


 


 

 

 


 

''I do not like broccoli.  And I haven't liked it since I was a little kid and my mother made me eat it. And I'm President of the United States, and I'm not going to eat any more broccoli!''

George W. Bush

broccoli (n.)

1690s, from Italian broccoli, plural of broccolo "a sprout, cabbage sprout," diminutive of brocco "shoot, protruding tooth, small nail" (see brocade (n.)).


*

If we are what we eat, then most of us are chickens, pigs, and cows.

It’s no wonder that we behave so strangely.

*

I enjoy big chef salads, but I also relish lean, juicy, thick steaks.
Not every day.
Maybe once per month.

*

When I was in my early thirties a union president once castigated me when he had learned that I was a “health nut”, and said: “You’re not normal if you don’t put meat and potatoes on your plate.”
I guess I wasn’t as normal back then as I am now.
But how normal is it to eat the flesh of animals?

Here’s what the Bible has to say:

"One person believes he may eat anything, while the weak person eats only vegetables."

Romans 14:2 ESV


"Every moving thing that lives shall be food for you. And as I gave you the green plants, I give you everything."

Genesis 9:3 ESV

*

I was going to write that Hitler was a vegetarian, but he in fact wasn’t:

“Biographers who wrote about Hitler (and who knew him quite well on a personal basis) openly describe his love for Bavarian sausages and game pie (‘game’ meaning wild meat from birds and other creatures).”
http://www.naturalnews.com/025163_Hitler_vegetarian_vegetarianism.html#ixzz2Yr6MbrTe

*

Why would Shakespeare write “I am a great eater of beef, and I believe that does harm to my witunless he thought that meat was harmful?

 

Just waxing poetic?

*

Now I come to broccoli and our current president.
Barack Obama claims that broccoli is his favorite food.

Broccoli?

Broccoli?

I will take President Obama at his word, but really, Mr. President, how can you like broccoli more than you like chili rellenos, cheese enchiladas, or lobster?
I guess he has our young children at heart.
Maybe this was just a little fib that he uttered to encourage all of us to eat more healthily.
But broccoli?



IT’S ABOUT RENEWABLE RESOURCES!

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

No comments: