Friday, September 29, 2006

MY COUNTRY RIGHT OR WRONG?

“The power of the executive to cast a man into prison without formulating any charge known to the law, and particularly to deny him the judgment of his peers, is in the highest degree odious, and the foundation of all totalitarian government whether Nazi or Communist.”

Winston Churchill


I am wearing
black today.
I am mourning what has become of my country.
Especially after yesterday when the U.S. Senate unheroically, blindly and repugnantly voted yes for the Detainee Bill.
I am working at a school and today is
spirit day.
We are supposed to wear our school colors red, white and blue.
O.K.
I am
blue today.
I am a
white person.
And my country has become a vessel and producer of
red blood and tears.
No thanks to my senators, representatives, and "leaders".

No comments: