Wednesday, April 24, 2013

GEORGE W. BUSH SPEAKS AT THE OPENING OF THE GEORGE W. BUSH PRESIDENTIAL CENTER



 
"Eight years was awesome and I was famous and I was powerful."
—Former President George W. Bush, July 2012
 
 


“One of the great things about books is sometimes there are some fantastic pictures.”

George W. Bush

 

I’ll make it easier on everyone, especially myself, and not give any long address today, but just repeat and thread together some of the things that I’ve said in the past.

These words, too, can be added to the George W. Bush Presidential Center after they’ve rolled off of my tongue.

Pardon all of the periods…I think they’re called eclipses…no, I’ve just been corrected…they’re called ellipses.

Thank you, Laura.

And thank y’all!

 

 

"I didn't grow up in the ocean---as a matter of fact---near the ocean---I grew up in the desert. Therefore, it was a pleasant contrast to see the ocean. And I particularly like it when I'm fishing…but I know the human being and fish can coexist peacefully…and I trust God speaks through me…and I've got God's shoulder to cry on. And I cry a lot...and without that, I couldn't do my job...and I just want you to know that, when we talk about war, we're really talking about peace…and I'll be long gone before some smart person ever figures out what happened inside this Oval Office…but my answer is bring them on.  People say, well, do you ever hear any other voices other than, like, a few people? Of course I do…and I miss being pampered…and you know, I guess I'm like any other political figure: Everybody wants to be loved…and it's important for us to explain to our nation that life is important. It's not only life of babies, but it's life of children living in, you know, the dark dungeons of the Internet…and when I was coming up, it was a dangerous world, and you knew exactly who they were. It was us versus them, and it was clear who them was. Today we are not so sure who the they are, but we know they're there…but this is still a dangerous world. It's a world of madmen and uncertainty and potential mental losses…and

make no mistake about it, I understand how tough it is…I talk to families who die…and I know how hard it is for you to put food on your family... but the important question is, how many hands have I shaked…and I hope you leave here and walk out and say, ‘What did he say?’ 

Thank you!

 

 

IT’S ABOUT RENEWABLE RESOURCES!

 

 

 


 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

No comments: