Monday, August 19, 2013

FAVORITE WORDS


 

NOTE:

I am sure that this list is not THE list of my favorite words, and they are not words that I use when writing or speaking.

 But they are the words that were swimming in my neurons (I almost wrote swimming in my neurotic synapses).

I know, I’m asking the same question:

Do thoughts swim?

And in neurons?

Yes, these thoughts might have come from my neurotic synapses after all!

 

EXQUISITE

BILDUNGSROMAN

CHIAROSCURO

BLITHE

COUNTENANCE

CHASM

AZURE

QUOTIDIAN

BEAUTY [from Anglo-French beute, Old French biauté "beauty, seductiveness, beautiful person" (12c., Modern French beauté]

HONEY [Old English hunig, from Proto-Germanic *hunagam- (cf. Old Norse hunang, Swedish honung, Old Saxon huneg, Old Frisian hunig, Middle Dutch honich, Dutch honig, Old High German honang, German Honig "honey"); perhaps from PIE *k(e)neko- "yellow, golden" (cf. Sanskrit kancanum, Welsh canecon "gold")].
 
 
IT'S ABOUT RENEWABLE RESOURCES!

 

 

 

 

No comments: