Saturday, August 10, 2013

RANDOM TRIVIUM





 


Write for the people and they will read.

Grow food for the people and they will eat.

Fight wars for the people and they will die.

*

I accidentally typed this emoticon:

./

It sort of looks like a smile (or a frown) with one eye.

Or perhaps a bird’s beak.

Oh well.

*

Our dreams entertain us when we sleep.

Movies entertain us when we’re awake.

*

In my dream last night I was eating a big tomato that looked like a heart, and so I put the heart-shaped fruit into a frame to make a picture, and then I wrote below it:

“Made by God and me.”

*

There is a little bug flitting around, and I see it best when it’s flitting in front of my computer screen.  I’ve tried to kill it twice.  I also tried grabbing the little guy with my hand, but missed.  Well, I caught it once, then opened my hand and it flew away.  Maybe I shouldn’t worry about such a tiny creature.  Homo Sapiens sure like to kill.

*

I like the smell of gardenia, jasmine, and lilac flowers.

Roses remind me of death.

*

Between strawberries and raspberries I prefer the former.

(Does it bug you when a writer uses the words latter and former, and then you have to remember which is which?)

*

I know I can find the answers if I do a little research on the following questions:

Why is there straw in the word strawberry?

Why is rasp in the word raspberry?

*

A woman in my neighborhood has this license plate on the back of her car:

WITCH 1.

 

IT’S ABOUT RENEWABLE RESOURCES!

 

 

 

 

 

No comments: