Friday, September 23, 2005

REBELLION OR DEATH



What you wrote insinuated that I had no faith or that I had my faith in one kind of "church of entertainment".
Church and faith associated with entertainment are mixed metaphors.
A church is not usually associated with entertainment. Well, except for those holy rollers who had their meeting in the same church where I set up chairs and tables for Grandma Pat so that she and her friends could play their cards.
(My mission was to look at the girls. I don't know if Grandma ever realized this).
Anyway, I waited outside the church, listening to the racket of all of those holy rollers, and pictured in my mind their bodies rolling all over the floor. The windows were too high for me to spy a look at their antics.
"Boy", I thought to myself, "this religion sure is a lot different from Catholicism."
My faith---my beliefs---are a synthesis of all that I have ever read or experienced.
I have not always found what I have sought.
I do not (and did not) always seek what I knew I would find.
I have been reading about and “investigating” the Bush administration to learn what it’s doing, what it has done…and what it might plan to do.
I believe that America is in peril.
And I don’t think enough citizens care or know just what is and has been happening; but it appears now that more and more citizens are finding out and are not very happy with their new awareness.
Camus taught me to resist evil and to embrace life, the sun, and flowers.
He taught me about rebellion…or death.
He taught me choose life---to smile in the face of its absurdities.
If I am constantly repeating one theme---bashing the Bush
administration---it is also true that I have been critical of the war president's Iraq attack before he attacked.
I am bashing him because he bashed us.
I do not agree and I do not condone what President George W. Bush has done.
I am outraged.
As Bertolt Brecht wrote:
"I know.
But I do not approve.
And I am not resigned."

I also know.
I also do not approve.
And I also will not be resigned.

No comments: