Tuesday, September 13, 2005

TOO LITTLE, TOO LATE

Finally.
George W. Bush revealed that he is human.
But one might assert, and the assertion can be made with a nil amount of error, that this revelation is too little, too late.
This president miscalculates (once again) if he thinks that the American public is going to swallow his one little pill of remorse.
No, Mr. President.
We no longer believe you.
We no longer trust your words or your soul.
I thought to myself, "Mr. Bush wanted to show his mother that he was not heartless and remorseless".
But then I thought, "No, he did this because his handlers (Rove? Cheney? Laura?) told George Jr. that he had to be the compassionate conservative that he has never been."
When you saw his face; when you saw him tell us that he took responsibility...did you believe this president?
I did not.
I once again saw the beginning of a slimy smirk as he spoke.
This emperor has already lost his clothes
and he is still standing stark naked.

No comments: