Sunday, February 04, 2007

POPCORN PRETZELS PORK RINDS CRACKER JACK AND PISTACHIOS


It's Super Bowl Sunday.
It's time to get out the snacks and sodas (or beer in most of the front rooms of our great war-torn nation).
I have all the snacks I plan to munch beneath my computer which is next to the 32'' flat screen TV that I just bought.
I have orange soda, orange Gatorade, (generic) ginger ale, Pepsi and Coke to imbibe.
During the game I will wash down with these sodas all of the pretzels, popcorn, pork rinds and pistachios that I can swallow.
I have Effervescent PainRelief on the bookcase next to my computer.
Dinner is out of the question right now, or at least is a very dim consideration.
The game is still about four hours away, and so I am typing this irrelevant news to have something to do (besides almost finishing Gore Vidal's memoir called
Point to Point Navigation: "The brilliant sequel to Gore Vidal's acclaimed, bestselling memoir, Palimpsest"
(which I haven't read yet).
I am fudging and jumping the gun (or rather the kickoff) a little, because I have already started eating some pistachios.
I am drinking the dregs of this morning's Antigua coffee to wash down the seeds of this delicious drupaceous fruit.
But I will stop for now and wait for the Super game to begin.
I don't care who wins.
I usually cheer the underdog, which in today's game is supposed to be the Chicago Bears.
Sometimes I will change allegiance during the game.
I will do this when a player (or players) is playing "dirty".
But may the best team win.
And I hope this year's commercials are the best ever at $5,000,000 per minute.


IT'S THE OIL STUPID!

No comments: