Wednesday, November 08, 2006

A CAMEL! A CAMEL! MY KINGDOM FOR A CAMEL!

I will do such things,--
What they are, yet I know not: but they shall be
The terrors of the earth.
King Lear, 2. 4

Get thee glass eyes;
And like a scurvy politician, seem
To see the things thou dost not.
King Lear, 4. 6

A horse! a horse! my kingdom for a horse!
King Richard III

"Do you think I'm nuts?"
George W. Bush
11/08/06


***


The bamboozling bluster and bold bravura bombed.
The silly jokes and the asinine one-liners blew up in their faces.
Then...an embattled and embarassed Secretary of War...
I mean Defense...
Threw in his inept helmet.

Now the Long War President has to work with (and for) the Democratic majority...and the American people!
It is a happy day.
But there is plenty to be done to undo what the Decider's Dishonest Neo-Con administration has done to the American economy, to the United States Constitution, to Iraq, and to the World at large.
I know that the Iraq War will not stop on a dime.
But I am more confident that there is more light at the end of (and inside) the dark tunnel.
The Long War President can say as King Lear did that he was
"more sinned against than sinning."

Both are wrong.

No comments: