Saturday, October 04, 2008

THE TRIAL

Except for the Nixon impeachment hearings, I have never watched and listened to anything as closely as I did the O.J. Simpson murder trial.
I know.
Sickening.
Pathetic.
Was I crazy?
Or just sickeningly and pathetically (and morbidly)
Curious?
I was in my high school library when the O.J. Simpson murder trial’s verdict was read.
After months and months of watching and listening to lawyers argue;
After months and months of seeing DNA, blood and hour glasses fill up that
California courtroom, there was finally the verdict:

NOT GUILTY.
I couldn’t believe it.
All of that blood inside Simpson’s house and inside his vehicle.
The trial was so long that the obvious culpability became fuzzy even when the evidence was so overwhelming.
Now Mr. Simpson will have plenty of time to contemplate his past.
Inside a solitary prison cell.
No more golf greens.
Only himself and his conscience to play with.



IT'S THE SLAMMER STUPID!


No comments: