Thursday, February 07, 2013

ARMS AND THE MAN

















































 

 

I'm reposting this letter in light of the current debate about guns.



BO:
Good afternoon gentlemen.
Before I take any questions, I first want to draw your attention to my new six-shooters. Nice, aren't they?
Now for some questions.
Yes, Clint...and please don't ask me to say, "Go ahead, make my day."

CLINT:
Thank you, Mr. President.
Why do you believe that packing a gun (or two) will be a good thing to do in light of the amount violence in our world today.

BO:
Well, Clint, I'm packing to show the world's punks and terrorists that I'm more than just a community planner. I've got 'em, but I don't want to have to use them. Yes, Annie.

ANNIE:
Mr. President, is your gun-toting a reaction to a few citizens who have brought their guns to maybe show that they are tired of being messed with?

BO:
Well, Annie I'm not sure what you mean by being messed with, but I'm sure that more than one American is upset with the way things are; but as I've said before, I believe that little by little things are getting better, and will continue to do so.

[A Secret Serviceman walks up to President Obama and hands him a box of ammo.]

BO:
Up to now, my pistols have been empty, but it looks like the SS wants me to have live ammunition, since it seems that the anger level of the crowd has risen, and I don't want to take any chances.
Next question. Yes, the man in the back with the bow and arrow. Robin?

ROBIN:
Yes. Thank you Mr. President.
Sir, as a candidate you said that your administration would be more transparent than the previous one. But have you been a straight shooter with the American Public? I'm thinking now of the public option in the Health Care proposal.

BO:
Well, Robin. I am a straight shooter, and if you come out to the White House firing range, you'll see for yourself just how straight.
But, no, I still want a public option.
All options are on the table...sitting there with my heaters.
One more question. Yes, Mohammad.

MOHAMMAD:
Mr. President, today you said that the war in Afghanistan is a war of necessity---not choice--- and that the Taliban want to attack the U.S.
Is this really accurate?
Isn't this the same type of message that George Bush gave Americans for eight years?
And John Brennan from your Homeland Security office recently said that (quote),
"The United States is no longer engaged in a 'war on terrorism'; neither is it fighting "jihadists" nor locked in a 'global war'...it is now soley a 'war with Al Qaeda'.

BO:
Well, Mohammad, the ruthless Taliban don't want to just grow and sell poppies.
They want to take over Afghanistan, and once again enslave freedom-loving Afghans.
We simply can't let the brutal Taliban get their way again.
We owe this to the people of Afghanistan.
Thank you.
I'm off to the firing range.
IT'S ABOUT RENEWABLE RESOURCES!











No comments: